- Climate Neutral Certification Standard
The Climate Neutral Certification Standard uses a structured method to accelerate towards zero CO2, on track with the Paris Agreement. All steps taken to reduce CO2 emissions and offset the remainder are independently tested against clear criteria by independent third parties, certification bodies. Depending on the certification scope, the Climate Neutral Certified label can be used for organisations, products, and services. The ISEAL Codes of Good Practice are followed, which guarantees the quality of the programme. If you are interested in the full development process of the programme you can read more here. Download the overview/summary of the complete Climate Neutral Certification programme here.
Core Programme Documents:
- The Climate Neutral Standard (vs 1.0) – also available in French (vs 1.0)
- The Trademark and Claims Policy (vs 1.2) (NEW version – 01/05/2022)
- The Assurance Protocol (vs 1.1) (NEW version – 01/05/2022)
Annexes to the Climate Neutral Standard:
- Annex 2: Sector Benchmark Tool (NEW version – 04/04/2022)
- Annex 3a: Database with Permitted Emission Factor Sources & Secondary Data Sources (latest version: 10 January 2022)
- Annex 3b: Database with Permitted Footprint Calculation Methods (latest version: 10 January 2022)
- Annex 6a: Reduction Calculation Tool – for Certification of the Organisation
- Annex 6b: Reduction Calculation Tool – for Certification of a Product/ Service
- Annex 7: Self-Assessment Tool (also used as pre-assessment tool or audit checklist)
Useful templates and guidance:
- Template to develop a Climate Policy
- Implementation guidance to implement the certification program (NEW version – 09/05/2022)
- Reduction Plan Template for certification of an Organisation or certification of a Product/ Service
Revision of program documents:
- 19 may 2022 – for existing clients. Please find the presentation and recording here.
- 27 june 2022 – for new/ potential clients. Please sign up here.